miHoYo has officially revealed the Genshin Impact 1.6 patch notes for the new update that is scheduled to release on June 9, 2021.
The new Genshin Impact update details shed light on the Midsummer Island Adventure, Spiral Abyss changes, and other new additions in the game. You can check out the complete details below.
- MORE: Genshin Impact 1.7 Leaks: New Character Tohma, Ayaka Yoimiya Banners Leaked
Genshin Impact 1.6 Patch Notes
One of the major highlights of the latest patch notes is the “Midsummer Island Adventure” event, which will be featured in the game’s upcoming limited-time archipelago region. It will begin right after the update in the first act named “Main Cannon, Make Ready… Fire!”
You can check out the complete Genshin Impact 1.6 Patch Notes here, but first, let’s take a look at the other big changes in brief:
- Update maintenance will begin at 2021/06/09 06:00:00 (UTC+8) and will go on for approximately 5 hours.
- Players will get a maintenance compensation of 60 Primogems for every hour the servers are down.
- This means a total of 300 Primogems at least (even if the update is completed early.)
- Adventure Rank 5 or above by 2021/06/09 06:00:00 (UTC+8)
- Complete the Archon Quest “Song of the Dragon and Freedom” and Trifolium Chapter: Act I “True Treasure”
- During the event, the Adventure Rank required to unlock Klee’s Story Quest “True Treasure” will be lowered to Adventure Rank 21, and the Story Quest will not require a Story Key to unlock.
Genshin Impact Update 1.6 Details
1. New Limited-Time Area (available only during version 1.6)
The Area Unlock Criteria will require players to:
- Complete Klee’s Story “Quest Trifolium Chapter: Act I – True Treasure”
- Complete the Archon Quest “Prologue: Act III – Song of the Dragon and Freedom”
2. New Character
- A 5-Star Character “Scarlet Leaves Pursue Wild Waves” Kaedehara Kazuha (Anemo) will be introduced in the game.
- Vision: Anemo
- Weapon: Sword
3. New Weapons and Equipment
- Freedom-Sworn (5-Star Sword)
- Mitternachts Waltz (4-Star Bow)
- Dodoco Tales (4-Star Catalyst)
4. New Gameplay
- Serenitea Pot Feature: Companion Move-In
- Travelers can now invite companions to move into their Serenitea Pot and it will deepen their bonds with the Traveler. It will also increase their companionship EXP.
5. New Outfits
- Barbara — Summertime Sparkle
- Jean — Sea Breeze Dandelion
Midsummer Island Adventure:
- Players will have to complete various challenges to collect Shiny Flotsam and Mini “Harpasta” and exchange for rewards such as Dodoco Tales (Catalyst), Northlander Billet Trove, Crown of Insight, and Furnishing Blueprints.
- Act I: Main Cannon, Make Ready… Fire!
- Act II: Whirlpool off to Starboard… Full Speed Ahead!
- Act III: Samurai Sighted… To Arms!
- Act IV: Harpastum Bombs Loaded… Blow ‘Em Away!
You can refer to this for more details on the Midsummer Island Adventure.
- Players can collect a designated number of Echoing Conches to obtain rewards such as Barbara’s outfit “Summertime Sparkle” and Primogems.
New Archon Quest:
- Chapter II: Prologue – Autumn Winds, Scarlet Leaves
New Limited-Time World Quests:
- A Dish Beyond Mortal Ken
- They Who Hear the Sea
- The Winding Homeward Way
- Who Wields the Wild Wind?
- From Outer Lands
- The Other Side of Isle and Sea
- Maguu Kenki: A mechanical humanoid from another country.
New Spiral Abyss Floors
Just like every new version, Genshin Impact 1.6 will feature a change in the 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th floors. These are the new changes:
Floor 11 Ley Line Disorders changed to:
- Increases Swirl DMG by 300% and its AoE by 100%.
- Updated the monster lineup on Floors 9, 10, 11, and 12 of the Spiral Abyss.
Starting from the first time that the Lunar Phase refreshes after updating to Version 1.6, the three Lunar Phases will be as follows:
- Phase 1: Whirlpool Moon – When an active character triggers a Swirl reaction on a nearby opponent, once every 3.5 seconds a shockwave can be triggered at that opponent’s position that deals AoE DMG
- Phase 2: Breezecall Moon – When an active character triggers a Swirl reaction on a nearby opponent, 4 Energy is regenerated for all characters in the party once every 3.5 seconds
- Phase 3: Brumous Moon – When an active character triggers a Swirl reaction on a nearby opponent, a Brumous Aura that lasts 8s will be left at the location where the reaction took place. This Aura inflicts one count of DMG to opponents within it once every 2 seconds. A Brumous Aura can be generated once every 9s.
Please refer to the complete patch notes for more details.
Have something to tell us about this article?