A brand new update for Among Us is here, featuring plenty of new bug fixes and even a new vent cleaning task. The update is available right now for mobile devices, PC, and Nintendo Switch.
Innersloth have been pumping out the Among Us content lately, with the previous update including new 15 players lobbies, new colors, and even controller support. The developers are also gearing up for their popular title to release on consoles, which may be arriving sooner than you think.
- MORE: Among Us Has Been Added To The PlayStation Database, Revealing Possible Release Date
New Vent Cleaning Task
One of the biggest surprises to come out of the new Among Us update today (July 7) is the new vent cleaning task. As a crewmate, players now have the possibility of having the new task, requiring them to clean out a vent that can be used by impostors.
If players begin cleaning out the vent whilst an impostor is inside it will remove them from the vent, meaning there are new ways to catch the impostors.
When a specific vent is being cleaned by a player, it means that any impostors jumping in after the task is started will be unable to pop out at that vent.
Check out the video below to see the new task in action!
Among Us July 7 Patch Notes
Below you will find the official patch notes for the Among Us update deployed on July 7:
- Added vent cleaning task. Cleaning the vent will prevent any impostors from using that specific vent, but Impostors can still use other vents and the vent will be usable once it’s cleaned. If an Impostor is already camping out in a vent and then you start cleaning that vent, it’ll boot them out with a dramatic sound and you’ll see who it is. Surprise!
- New languages. Traditional and Simplified Chinese and Irish localization added. Thanks to Úna-Minh, Brian, Cormac, and Mike for the Irish translations.
- Getting stuck in place after a meeting is fixed. This was the biggest issue with the latest update, so run free now!! Be free beans!!
- Scaling on “SHH” screen fixed. YES I read your comments on the SHH screen. The absolute hate that poor screen got, my goodness. I had to give it 3 tubs of ice cream to feel better. It’s okay though, the world is aligned once again, the proportions have been fixed after it got weirdly borked.
- Geoff eyepatch is now (sadly) back to being a mask. 🙁
- Clouds in the Airship no longer move in the wrong direction. No more backwards progress! Onward!
- Upload Data phone colors fixed. I have no clever caption for this.
- All major buttons are now localized. Yeah I’m really running out of fun ways to make this content interesting.
- Android black screen fixed. This was fixed in a small hotfix already for Android in version 2021.6.16, but just in case you missed that update, it’s fixed now!
- iOS startup crash fixed. This was also fixed in a small hotfix!
- Other minor visual and localization bug fixes. Our programming and QA team did a really great job please give them a psychic high five.
- Wizard hat still missing. Still casting an invisibility spell. Working on finding it, sorry!
- 4:3 resolution still needs to be scaled. That’ll be addressed.
- And quite a few others, but those are the biggest ones I’ll list out.
When Is The Next Among Us Update?
No set release date has been given by Innersloth as to when the next Among Us update will arrive, but they have released a roadmap of things to come.
According to the official Among Us roadmap, fans can expect future updates to include new visor cosmetics, achievements, new roles and ways to play, and a brand new map.
Of course, there’s no telling when big features such as a new map will arrive, but it gives fans plenty to look forward to. Check out the official roadmap video for Among Us above to see what Innersloth have planned for the popular social deduction game.
Have something to tell us about this article?