Cyberpunk 2077 had been one of the most hyped games of last year. However, much to the disappointment of fans, the game had a lot of issues at launch, and it failed to live up to expectations. In fact, the game’s poor optimization on last-gen consoles led to its removal from the PlayStation Store.
After the backlash it received at launch, the developers posted an apology promising fans that it will be releasing two major updates to fix the issues the game had. The 1.1 Patch was released back in January, and it did bring a number of improvements to the game, ranging from crash fixes to memory usage improvements. Here is what we know about the next patch, Update 1.2 so far.
Cyberpunk 2077 Update 1.2: Release Date
When CD Projekt Red issued an apology back in December, it had stated that the first patch will come in January, followed by the second one in February. The first patch came on time, but just after that, the company was hit by a cyber attack that disrupted its plans, causing the patch to be delayed.
Now, the patch is slated to be releasing this month itself. With just less than a week left for March to end, we will get the 1.2 Update pretty soon. However, as of now, the release date hasn’t been announced. That being said, the developers have stated that the patch is being tested, so it shouldn’t be long before we get the update.
Cyberpunk 2077 Update 1.2: Patch Notes
The patch notes of the 1.2 Update haven’t been shared yet. However, in a recent Night City news report, the developers have highlighted what fans can expect from the update. Here is a gist of everything confirmed so far.
- Police will be responding to crimes slower than earlier.
- Drones will be assisting the police in assessing crimes.
- A new steering sensitivity slider will be added to the game.
- The Steering has been optimized to make it smoother and more more consistent whenever there is a drop in the framrate.
- A new feature will be added which help players get their cars freed when stuck
- Right now, double tapping on a movement key makes the character dodge. This will be disabled in the next update.