Here is all we know about the 4.5.2 update so far.
Dead by Daylight has been witnessing a lot of popularity lately, with the game surpassing 20 million worldwide players last year. Quite recently, the developers released the 4.5.0 Patch for the game which introduced a plethora of new features and improvements. However, a large number of these changes weren’t received well by the community, and it did lead to some game-breaking bugs as well.
One of the most pressing issues in the game at the moment is the Version Mismatch error. This issue has been affecting Xbox players specifically, and it is preventing them from playing the game with crossplay on. While the patch notes for Update 4.5.2 are yet to be revealed, the developers have provided some information on some of the major changes that can be expected from the next update. It has also mentioned that the Dead By Daylight version mismatch error will also be fixed as soon as the update drops. Update 4.5.2 drops later today, and we will update the story when the full patch notes are available. For now, here is what you can expect from the update.
Dead By Daylight Version Mismatch Fix – Update 4.5.2 Patch Notes
Due to a mismatch in version, Xbox One players are currently unable to crossplay with other platforms. This issue will be resolved tomorrow, February 23rd, once the 4.5.2 bug fix patch is released on PC and consoles.
Following the 4.5.0 update, we have been closely monitoring feedback on a few different key changes. Already we have begun making changes, and we would like to address as many as we can in one go.
Above is a work in progress preview of the changes we’ll be making to the HUD for the 4.5.2 update. Please note that this image is not final and could be subject to further tweaks and polish.
To summarize some of the most notable changes, we have:
- Moved the Survivor statuses from the top left to the lower left
- Lowered the hook counter
- Moved the generator counter/objective to the lower left
- Removed text from objectives
- Added a separate scaling option for skill checks
- Increased the size of bleedout and hook progress bars
We hope this addresses some of the concerns over the HUD being too spread out, as well as skill checks being difficult to see on lower scaling settings. The changes listed above are planned to appear in the 4.5.2 update. We are also working on more changes to the HUD which will appear in later updates, such as:
- Changing status effects to avoid red-on-red
- Increasing the visibility of Killer powers (e.g. Reverse Bear Trap timers, Doctor’s Madness, etc.)
- Increasing the visibility of text on high resolutions
We are also reviewing feedback for the new Survivor animations. While the movement itself hasn’t changed, new animations and transitions can make your character feel different to control. We want this transition to be as smooth as possible, so we are looking into the following:
- Removing camera position changes
- Fixing some animation bugs
- Reviewing turning animation to better reflect the old animations
We are tentatively planning to address some of these issues starting alongside the next Chapter. Please note that this is by no means a comprehensive list and we are still actively discussing feedback, including possible causes for motion sickness.
Many of you have reported strange hits after the 4.5.0 update. You’re not alone, this is a high priority issue, and our team has identified a potential cause. We are aiming to have the fix ready for the 4.5.2 update.
We have also investigated an issue which would cause Killers to be teleported to the wrong side of the pallet. This issue will be fixed in the 4.5.2 update as well.
Finally, there are a few frequently reported issues that we’d like to cover before we sign off:
- Losing pips even though you appear to have safety pipped: Fixed in 4.5.2 (this was a visual bug where the game would incorrectly show you a higher quality emblem that you actually earned)
- Misleading collision on rubble piles surrounding the Asylum: Fixed in 4.5.2
Once again, please keep in mind that this is not an exhaustive list. We will include a full list of bug fixes alongside the respective updates.