Borderlands 3 is known for being insanely chaotic, flat-out fun, mixed with outlandish dialogue, and rib-tickling comedy. Here are details of the new event, which brought back what many fans loved about the first ‘Revenge of the Cartels’ event.
First and foremost, the majority of platforms can now experience Borderlands 3 via crossplay with this update. These include Xbox, Steam, Stadia & Epic. However, similar to the Apple Trial, Sony has made it evident that they can be difficult to collaborate with when it comes to crossplay. It comes as no surprise as to why PlayStation is not on the roster.
Furthermore, just to preface, virtually all the changes within this update have been confirmed be to permanent and are here to stay!
As we gently slip into all things Borderlands 3, I’m sure you are eager to find out exactly what the new update entails for the game so let’s explore it.
Borderlands 3: The Revengence of Revenge of the Cartels Update – What’s included?
- Besides the general bug fixes and invisible wall placements to stop unwanted progress. This event will bring back the ‘Revenge of the Cartel’ indefinitely! Not only this but there’s also a comeback for the Halloween (Bloody Harvest) and Valentines’ Day (Broken Hearts Day) events. They can be toggled on and off, and the anointments tied to those events will only spawn in gear when you have the event toggled on.
- A myriad of anointment buffs which you can check out in the patch notes. And also some nerfs that affect different classes. For instance Splash Damage, Weapon Damage on ‘Action Skill Active’, 300% Weapon Damage against enemies above 90 health, and Consecutive Hits.
- There has also been an increased level cap to 72 so players can continue to grind. Hopefully, so that players can be ready for the DLC THAT IS TINY TINA’S WONDERLANDS COMING IN EARLY 2022! Sorry, I don’t know what came over me.
- The drop rates for event-specific weapons and loot has increased after defeating certain bosses. This means that with the toggle option, you have the option to re-equip Bloody Harvest of Broken Heart Day anointments.
- Not a permanent change to the game, but within the game mode ‘Trials’, all True Trials bosses have been activated to fight against, until the 1st of July.
- Get to re-farming because Cartels has some more brand spanking new cosmetic items to collect via all-new challenges.
- Lastly, some weapons have been buffed in the game. some include the ‘OPQ’, ‘Needle Gun’, ‘Grease Trap’, and ‘Iceburger’ weapons. Looking forward to seeing how strong the non-elemental, shock-inducing OPQ will be in the update.
That’s all for the Dualshocker’s coverage on the major update, have a merry time blasting and killing all your psychotic foes!
If that wasn’t enough to whet your appetite and you’re hungry for more, keep an eye on all of our Borderlands articles right here.
Have something to tell us about this article?