Dead by Daylight is one of the most successful multiplayer horror games which is why fans are always looking forward to trying the upcoming features in the DBD PTB update.
The latest Player Test Build brings some large steps to rebalance the game along with tons of bug fixes which should definitely improve the experience for players.
The 5.1.0 Player Test Build will open shortly but we have the full details of upcoming changes and how you can access the PTB. So let’s check out the details closely.
- MORE: Dead By Daylight Codes (July 2021) – DBD 5th Anniversary Free Bloodpoints
DBT PTB Patch Notes June 7, 2021
Before we dive into all the details, here are the major highlights of the latest 5.1.0 PTB update:
The biggest change in content is the Trickster gameplay update where the power and perks have been adjusted along with the addons. We also have visual updates for Survivors where original outfits of characters like Dwight, Meg, Jake, and Claudette have been updated. Besides this, there are several technical updates that are bound to smoothen the gameplay.
You can read all the details below:
- Settings Menu – Players will now be able to toggle some of the HUD elements on/off. These include: player names, the killer hook count, and the score events.
- Settings Menu – Players can now reset each category tab individually.
- Lobby – Added a new tooltip for the Store button when the Beginner Mode Tooltips are enabled.
The Trickster Gameplay Update
- Maximum Laceration is now 6 (was 8).
- Faster Laceration decay (full meter depletes in 15 seconds, 20 seconds if running)
- Shorter delay before Laceration starts to decay (now 10 seconds, was 20 seconds)
- Laceration removed upon successful basic attack now 3 (was 4)
- Main Event starts throwing knives 1 second sooner
- 30 knife hits required to activate Main Event (was 20)
- 30 second window to activate Main Event (was 10)
- New knife hit indicators have been added to show when knives connect with Survivors.
- Melodious Murder: Moderately decreases knives’ reload time at lockers.
- Fizz-Spin Soda: Smaller effect (starts at 2 knives thrown instead of 3; balanced with smaller maximum Laceration)
- Iridescent Photocard: When a Survivor’s Laceration Meter is two or less Blade hits away from the maximum, they are inflicted with the Exposed status effect.
- Death Throes Compilation: When Main Event ends, The Trickster’s knives are replenished.
- Lucky Blade: Hitting a survivor with a Blade during Main Event slightly extends its duration. (0.2s)
- Waiting for You Watch: Hitting a survivor with a Blade during Main Event moderately extends its duration. (0.3s)
- No Way Out: After hooking a Survivor for the first time, No Way Out gains a token. Once the exit gates have been powered, No Way Out activates.
- When a Survivor interacts with an exit gate switch, you receive a loud noise notification. The Entity then blocks both exit gate switches for 12 seconds, plus an additional 6/9/12 seconds for each token in your possession.
- Hex: Crowd Control: Effect now lasts 14/17/20 seconds (was 10/12/14 seconds)
- The unhooking interaction now has higher priority than the Self-Care interaction. If injured, the prompt for unhooking will no longer be replaced with a prompt to self heal.
- When a Killer attempts to grab a Survivor, but the request is refused by the server (usually because the Survivor has stopped performing the interaction) the Killer will now automatically transition into an attack instead. In addition, achievement and challenge progress will be granted at the beginning of the grab attempt, regardless of whether or not the attempt is successful.
- Stun validation has been added to the hit validator. If a Killer has a pending stun on the server, the server will reject the hit. This will be most noticeably in situations such as a Killer who is attacking at the same time a survivor is throwing a pallet, and it should reduce instances where survivors appear to take damage after stunning a Killer.
- Effects that improve a Killer’s hearing, such as the perk “Stridor” or the add-on “Swing Chains,” will only be heard from the Killer’s perspective. Survivors will no longer hear themselves as louder when the Killer is running such effects.
- Effects that modify sound are now multiplicative rather than additive. This means that sounds that are reduced to 0%, such as injured noises by the perk “Iron Will,” will no longer be increased by perks such as “Stridor” and will instead remain at 0.
- Added new tutorials for both Survivor and Killer.
- Menus now have tooltips. This can be turned off in the settings.
Survivor Visual Updates
- Updated the original outfits of Dwight, Meg, Jake and Claudette.
- Updated textures and materials on all Prestige outfits.
- Updated the facial models and textures of Ace, Adam, Claudette, David, Dwight, Feng, Jake, Kate, Laurie, Meg, Nea, Quentin and Tapp.
- Updated various hair textures on Ace, Adam, Claudette, David, Dwight, Feng, Jake, Kate, Laurie, Meg, Nea, Quentin and Tapp.
- Updated a variety of characters outfits, textures and materials.
- Removed the ability for the Plague to infect breakable walls.
- Reduced zombie network usage.
- Keys with zero charges no longer can open the Hatch.
Gameplay & Performance
- Fixed an issue that could cause frame rate stuttering when playing as or against The Nemesis.
- Fixed an issue that could cause frame rate stuttering when using the Huntress outfit “The Mordeo”.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the perk “Built to Last” to trigger when a med-kit is consumed by activating the add-ons “Anti-haemorrhagic Syringe” or “Styptic Agent.”
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Demogorgon’s add-on “Red Moss” from correctly applying its slowing effect to the portal exit animation.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent survivors from being affected by the Clown’s blurring VFX when playing as Steve Harrington.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent certain VFX from displaying on a totem when a hex is transferred by the perk “Hex: Undying.”
- Fixed an issue with bot pathing logic that could affect performance in tutorial bot matches.
- Fixed certain level issues which could affect performance in Lery’s Memorial Institute.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Victor to remain stuck blocking a locker if the survivor inside it disconnects.
- Fixed an issue that could cause survivors to become desynchronized if they are being healed at the same time as they are sent to a Cage of Atonement.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players using the Nurse to pitch the camera up or down during the fatigue animation.
- Fixed an issue that prevented zombies from disturbing grass.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the “Exposed” effect from the Clown’s “Red Head Pinky” add-on to last indefinitely if the survivor does not move.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent downed survivors from spawning bubble notifications when screaming due to madness.
- Fixed an issue that caused hospital hooks to emit a fleshy sound effect when struck.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a delay before displaying the blocker VFX from the Blight’s “Summoning Stone” add-on.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Killers to have to reposition themselves in order to retry damaging a generator from the narrow side.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the add-on “Plaid Flannel” to briefly display the location of the previous blink.
- Fixed an issue that could allow the perk “Fixated” to affect crawling speed.
- Fixed an issue that could cause tokens for the perk “Fast Track” to be consumed when using the toolbox add-on “Brand New Part”
- Fixed certain issues with the perks “Prove Thyself”, “Autodidact” and “For the People” that could affect performance
Maps & Collisions
- Fixed an issue that could cause Survivors’ legs to clip through the East Office Vaults in the Raccoon City Police Department
- Fixed an issue that could prevent downed survivors from being picked up in a specific location in the Underground Complex map.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent projectile killer from passing through certain planks.
- Fixed an issue that could allow the Nurse to blink out bounds in the Raccoon City Police Department.
- Fixed an issue that could cause an invisible collision in the stairs in Coal Tower.
Animations & Cosmetics
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Trapper mask “Bronze Visor” to appear silver in the trial.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Ashley J. Williams to float temporarily after escaping a Killer’s grasp with the Ashy Slashy cosmetic equipped.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Jill’s crawling animation to play incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Wraith’s weapon to be invisible in the tally screen after a trial has ended.
- Fixed an issue that could cause keys, maps, and flashlights to use placeholder textures during bot match.
- Fixed an issue that could cause pallet to appear jittering.
- Fixed an issue that prevented exit gate switches from playing the correct sound effects when struck by a weapon.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent player names in the HUD from exceeding 32 characters.
- Fixed an issue with a possible desynchronization between the actual item sorting and the “Sort by” description in the customization menu
- Fixed an issue where player only receives bloodpoints for completing a tutorial bot match after a reboot.
- Various crash fixes
- Frame Drops when a variety of in-game events occur, such as adding new status effects, perks activating or deactivating and/or input prompts coming up. These are especially noticeable for players using an HDD. (Actively being worked on).
- Several 5th Anniversary Crowns have a placeholder icon.
- In the new Survivor tutorial, if Meg is prevented from entering the locker, she would no longer unhook the player causing issues in the next section.
- William “Bill” Overbeck’s default and prestige hat and cigarette are placeholders.
- Female Survivors’ eyes and eyebrows are distorted when healing.
So these were all the changes in this update. All the details mentioned above have been taken from the DBD PTB patch notes on the official website.
Have something to tell us about this article?