Starting on May 11, 2021, Destiny 2 welcomes back Mithrax and the Vex in Season 14 called Season of the Splicer.
Today, Bungie finally announced the next season of Destiny 2, and interestingly, the leaks around this season were true. Season of the Splicer is where you will continue your journey in Destiny 2 as of next week.
Launching on May 11, 2021, and ending on August 24, 2021, the Season of the Splicer is about an endless night in the Last City caused by the Vex. In order to defeat the Vex and put an end to the darkness, you will need to co-operate with an old friend.
Who is Mithrax?
Season of the Splicer welcomes the Destiny 2 Mithrax character, known as the Kell of the House of Light. As a Sacred Splicer, Mithrax knows best how to defeat the Vex and bring the safety back to the Last City.
New Destiny 2 Modes
Season of the Splicer celebrates the completion of a new chamber where the new Splicer tech will be born in response to the invasion of the Vex. This will bring two new modes to the game:
- Fireteams of six will use Splicer tech to hack the Vex Network. Uncover their secrets, steal their code, and use their power against them.
- Each week, Guardians will uncover new vulnerabilities within the Vex Network and use Splicer Keys to infiltrate and collapse it from within.
Vault of Glass Returns
Additionally, Season of the Splicer also brings back the Vault of Glass raid to the game once again. This raid will be free for all the Destiny 2 players.
- Allows Hunters to feast upon Orbs of Power, charging their Super more quickly and making it more potent.
- Over 30 new and reprised Legendary weapons to crash the Vex Network with. Find the perfect weapon, the perfect roll, and bring an end to this endless night.
The Path of Burning Steps:
- Titan armor that converts Solar eliminations into increased weapon damage and makes them more difficult to lock down with Stasis.
Boots of the Assembler:
- Condenses a Warlock rifts’ healing or empowering energy into projectiles that seek out their allies to bless them with noble benefits.
Exotic Stasis Sidearm:
- As a token of friendship, Mithrax bestows Guardians with Cryosthesia 77k, a Stasis-powered Sidearm with Liquid Cooling tech.
- Sacred Splicer tech that can be charged with Ether and used to hack the Vex Network, access Conflux Chests, and unlock Splicer upgrades.
- Unlock the new Season of the Splicer Universal Ornaments and augment the look of any piece of armor in your collection.
Destiny 2 is now available for free on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, and PC.
Have something to tell us about this article?