A free Dying Light update adds a brand new story mode to the Hellraid expansion along with a bunch of quality-of-life improvements.
Techland has a surprising announcement for the Dying Light players today. A free update is now available across all platforms, adding some new gameplay features to Hellraid, including a brand new story mode.
Since Hellraid was released as extensive content for Dying Light, it was only offering a raid mode. However, with today’s update, you will be invited to a horrifying story-driven experience where you need to rescue a powerful, mysterious mage.
Dying Light Update 1.36 Patch Notes
New Story Mode – The Prisoner:
- You can now choose between Raid Mode and Story Mode before entering the Hellraid experience.
- The story mode offers a new adventure in which you will need to find a mage named Lucius in the Ba’al’s Temple, rescue him, and defeat Anat.
- There will be three quests: Clavis Stone, Imprisoned, and Beneath Seals.
- You can play the Story mode either solely or with friends in co-op mode.
- The Story mode is set in a brand new area of the Temple.
- You can craft a new bow called Corrupted Justice in Hellraid.
- There’s also a two-handed Bonecruncher hammer.
- You will face new shield-holder enemies in the temple.
Other Notable Features:
- New Vanquisher Hellraid rank
- New lighting system
- Stamina Potion
- New sounds and animations
- New minimap
- No need to stashing and retrieving equipment
- Balance changes
- New inventory management
- Bug fixes
Dying Light is now available on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Recently, Techland launched a Platinum Edition of the game including all post-launch expansions for the aforementioned platforms. The good news is, it’s currently available with a heavy discount on Steam.
Have something to tell us about this article?