We summarized and reexplained below the official Genshin Impact 1.5 patch notes. This is most notably classified from most important to minor changes.
- PRELOAD – How to preload Version 1.5
Genshin Impact 1.5 launches on April 28, 2021. Note that we’ll be detailing the Spiral Abyss changes in another article coming as soon as possible.
New systems coming in Genshin Impact 1.5: Housing
Note that we explained the housing system, the Serenitea Pot in detail here.
- Adepti use Serenitea Pots as media through which they can channel their adeptal power and create realms and abodes.
- As the owner of this realm, you may decorate it however you wish and turn it into a home away from home.
- After using and summoning the Serenitea Pot, you can interact with it and enter the abode within.
- A spirit that lives inside the teapot. It is said that she was created by the adepti themselves. She looks after many matters within the realm, serving as a butler of sorts.
- As you place more furnishings and increase the level of Adeptal Energy within the realm, the teapot spirit will become more trustful of you.
- The amount of Adeptal Energy within the realm will gradually increase along with the number of furnishings placed.
- You can obtain the materials required to create furnishings in many different ways, all around Teyvat. For example, you can obtain wood for making Furnishings by cutting down trees.
- You can use Realm Currency in the Serenitea Pot to exchange for items of your choice.
New characters coming in Genshin Impact 1.5
Two new characters will be added, Eula and Yanfei.
5-Star Character “Dance of the Shimmering Wave” Eula (Cryo)
- Vision: Cryo
- Weapon: Claymore
- The Spindrift Knight, a scion of the old aristocracy, and the Captain of the Knights of Favonius Reconnaissance Company. The reason for which a descendant of the ancient nobles might join the Knights remains a great mystery in Mondstadt to this very day.
Eula will be available through her gacha banner starting May 18, 2021.
4-Star Character “Wise Innocence” Yanfei
- Vision: Pyro
- Weapon: Catalyst
- A well-known legal adviser active in Liyue Harbor. A brilliant young lady in whose veins runs the blood of an illuminated beast.
Yanfei will be one of the 4* characters with a drop rate boost on the Zhongli banner. Once the Zhongli banner ends on May 18, she’ll be available on the permanent Standard Banner.
Genshin Impact 1.5: New weapons and Artifacts
- Song of Broken Pines (5-Star Claymore). This will be obtainable on the weapon banner starting May 18.
- Tenacity of the Millelith (4-Star and 5-Star)
- Pale Flame (4-Star and 5-Star)
These two new sets can be farmed in new Domain, Ridge Watch, at Bishui Plain.
New Domains and monsters
New Domain: Ridge Watch
- New Trounce Domain: Beneath the Dragon-Queller
- Added to the Nantianmen area.
- Unlocked after completing Zhongli’s Story Quest “Historia Antiqua Chapter: Act II – No Mere Stone.”
- Every week: three opportunities to half the Original Resin cost to redeem rewards from Trounce Blossoms in Trounce Domains and the “Lupus Boreas, Dominator of Wolves” challenge.
- The number of opportunities resets every Monday at 04:00 (Server time).
- Wait after the update to do your weekly bosses this week
- INAZUMA – What we know so far on the lore and characters
Genshin Impact 1.5 patch notes – New monsters and bosses
Cryo Hypostasis (Cryo Cube)
- Elemental creatures who protect themselves from incoming attack with their durable shell.
- Drops a new Ascension Material for Eula
Azhdaha (big boss of the Geovishaps)
- An enormous dragon as ancient as the mountains themselves.
- Drops new Talent Ascension materials for Yanfei and Eula
New Elite monster: Abyss Lector – Violet Lightning
- A creature of the Abyss Order that calls upon thunder and lightning in praise of the darkness.
1.5 New Event: Energy Amplifier Initiation
Complete this event for a free “Kätzlein Cocktail” Diona (Cryo). Note that we fully detailed the Energy Amplifier event here.
- In an effort to gather and research Irminsul Fruit Fragments, Sumeru researcher Hosseini has entrusted a mysterious ancient relic to you for a time: the Energy Amplifier.
- Help Hosseini to gather Irminsul Fruit Fragments and unleash their power with the Energy Amplifier.
- Event Gameplay Duration: 2021/04/30 10:00 – 2021/05/17 03:59
Places of Interest
- During the event period, go to Places of Interest and defeat the opponents there to gather Irminsul Fruit Fragments and obtain Fractured Fruit Data.
- During the event period, successfully challenge Domains to obtain Fractured Fruit Data.
- During the event period, challenge the Twisted Realm and get as high a score as you can. Reach a combined score of certain amounts to claim Fractured Fruit Data.
Second part of the Energy Amplifier event will be coming later in 1.5
New Quests and Hangout Events coming in 1.5
New Story Quests
- Zhongli’s Story Quest: Historia Antiqua Chapter – Act II “No Mere Stone”
- Eula’s Story Quest “Aphros Delos Chapter: Act I”. This will be available a little bit after Eula’s banner release on May 18.
New Hangout Events
- Hangout Event: Diona – Act I “The Cat and the Cocktail”. They say that there’s a popular bartender at The Cat’s Tail.
- Due to unforeseen circumstances, in English, the voice of Diona in her Hangout Event is temporarily provided by Jackie Lastra.
- Hangout Event: Noelle – Act II “Knightly Exam Prep”. Noelle reveals to you that she is very anxious about the Knights of Favonius selection exam. At your suggestion, she decides to emulate the knights she knows in an attempt to overcome her sense of unease.
New World Quests
- World Quests related to the Serenitea Pot system: “A Teapot to Call Home: Part I” and “A Teapot to Call Home: Part II” (Unlocks at AR 35, and after clearing Archon Quest Chapter I: Act III – A New Star Approaches)
- More World Quests: “A Timeless Classic” and “When the Trail Goes Cold”
Additional World Quests will be added during phase 2 of the 1.5 update, including “Mr. Melancholy” and “Mimi Tomo”.
- LEAKS – Latest Genshin Impact leaks, possibly coming to 1.6
Genshin Impact patch notes – Other changes in 1.5:
- New Recipes: Stormcrest Pie, “My Way,” Crab Roe Tofu, Stir-Fried Fish Noodles, Cured Pork Dry Hotpot
- New Precious Items: Dream Solvent, Transient Resin, Vial of Adeptal Speed, Sanctifying Unction, Sanctifying Essence
- New Achievements: “A Realm Beyond: Series I,” “Memories of the Heart,” etc.
- New Namecards: “Celebration: Fruit of Wisdom,” “Celebration: Peekaboo!,” “Yanfei: Impartial,” “Eula: Ice-Sealed,” “Travel Notes: Sub-Space Recreation,” “Achievement: Tea Time”.
- The new Mail Pins function has been added. Pinned mail will be placed at the top of your mail list and will not be deleted when pressing Delete Read. However, pinned mail will still expire as normal.
- On mobile, UI Border Offset setting has been added to Settings > Controls.
- Adds voiced interactions for characters in the open world.
- Adds a Compatibility Mode option for the audio API on Android devices. Try switching to this mode if you experience any of the following issues: Distorted sound (electrical noise) from your device, failure to switch between left and right audio channels, screen recordings do not capture audio, screen recordings feature distorted audio, difficulty switching to and from earphones when plugged in/removed, electrical noise through Bluetooth earphones.
- Adds Japanese voice-over for certain characters.
- Companionship EXP obtained is doubled when playing in co-op mode with at least one another player
Additional minor optimizations and changes
- Optimizes the anti-aliasing effect on the avatar in one’s profile.
- Optimizes the animation performance of Zhongli’s Plunging Attack.
- Optimizes the animation performance of nearby monsters and objects in Co-Op Mode when the visiting player is far from the host player.
- Optimizes the aesthetics of lighting effects of certain weapons after ascension.
New Voice-Over Files Management function added to PC and mobile:
- You can uninstall voice-over files by going to Settings > Language > Manage Voice-Over Files. (In Version 1.5, you must first update the voice-over files under Settings > Language > Voice-Over Language before you can uninstall them.)
Optimizations to some controls when using a controller:
- When moving the left joystick up and down to select who you want to chat with, the right side of the screen will switch to the corresponding chat information without needing to first press the Confirm button.
- Move the left joystick to the right to enter the selected chat.
- The Sort Rule button on the Weapons screen (in Inventory), Artifacts screen (in Inventory), and Character Selection screen (in the Character Menu) has been changed from the up button to the down button.
- The left joystick can now be used to switch between sections of the interface in Settings and Achievements.
Optimizes the display design of the Controller screen:
- When a button status changes from usable to unusable, the button icon will be hidden.
- On the Report screen, the default button for text editing has been made consistent with the controls of other in-game interface: for PlayStation controllers, this has been changed from the circle button to the square button; for Xbox controllers, this has been changed from the B button to the X button.
- The controls to skip the Battle Pass animation, Wish animation, and animation of claiming rewards in Domains has been changed for controller users: now, hold the circle/B button to skip; the confirmation pop-up window has been removed.
- The button layout display of different controllers has been made consistent.
- The controls for closing the pop-up menus for Artifact Enhancement, Weapon Enhancement, Artifact Filter, and Character Selection has been changed: the Back button previously closed the entire screen, but it now only closes the pop-up menu.
Optimizes the default text and display status in the text entry box:
- Unsent text in the text entry box will be saved as a draft in the current chat’s text entry box. When the text entry box in the current chat is empty, the draft (if any have been saved) will be displayed. The text entry box will be cleared after a draft is completed and sent, if the chat is deleted from the chat list, or after exiting the game.
Optimizes some displays of chat boxes on PC and PS4:
- After deleting the other player in the chat, the chat content on the main chat screen will be deleted. After going offline, chat content on the main chat screen will be cleared. It will only display new messages received after the last time you went offline (including messages received while offline).
Optimizes aiming on mobile:
- On mobile, three additional adjustment levels have been added under Settings > Camera Sensitivity (Aimed Shot Mode). It has been increased from the original levels 1 to 5 (which now correspond with the new levels 4 to 8) to the new adjustment levels 1 to 8.
- On mobile, the Acceleration Slider (Aimed Mode) setting has been added. With this setting enabled, the camera movement speed will change dynamically with the speed of your finger. Sliding faster causes the camera angle to rotate more.
Have something to tell us about this article?