Minecraft has been one of the most popular survival games out there in the past decade, and it continues to grow over the years. Mojang Studios is gearing up to launch the major Caves and Cliffs later this year, and it will be adding tons of new content in the game.
Before the major update releases for the game, Mojang Studios have been releasing certain features via snapshots and beta updates. Recently, the game made a number of changes to copper and introduced Lush Caves as well.
When will Minecraft 1.17 Snapshot 21w13a release?
Minecraft 1.17 Snapshot 21w13a is slated to release on 31st March. Last week, Snapshot 21w12a was supposed to release but the developers announced that there will no be Snapshot that week. Today, we will likely be getting a new Snapshot, as the developers have been hinting towards the same. The Snapshot usually comes out at around 3PM GMT, so you can expect it to arrive then.
Minecraft 1.17 Snapshot 21w13a – Patch Notes
As of now, the patch notes of Minecraft 1.17 Snapshot 21w13a hasn’t been released. You can find the patch notes of the last snapshot below.
NEW FEATURES IN 21W11A
- Lightning rods can now, for the very first time ever, be waterlogged
- New functionality for applying and removing wax from Copper
- Bonemealing rooted dirt now grows hanging roots underneath
WAXING COPPER AND OXIDIZATION
- Right-click with Honeycomb on Copper Blocks to wax them
- Use honeycomb in a dispenser to wax Copper Blocks
- Axes can scrape off wax and oxidation of Copper Blocks
- Lightning strike hitting Copper will clean its oxidation
CHANGES IN 21W11A
- Waxed Copper Blocks can be crafted into 4 Copper Ingots
- Tweaked the cave sizes
- Slightly increased the frequency of Diamond Ore blobs
- Hanging roots block now renders randomly offset
- Breaking a Big Dripleaf stem now drops a Big Dripleaf Block
- Moss Blocks can be crafted with cobblestone or stone bricks to make the mossy versions of those blocks
- The facing direction of Small Dripleaf Blocks is now determined by which direction the player is facing when placing it
- Fully-grown Amethyst Clusters now drop 4 Amethyst Shards (or more with Fortune) when mined with a pickaxe, and drop 2 Amethyst Shards when broken by hand, piston, or other means
TECHNICAL CHANGES IN 21W11A
- Added F3+L shortcut to generate and persist performance metrics from in-game