Nier Automata on PC is finally getting a Steam update after a long wait.
The action RPG game was released 4 years ago and it had several technical issues. However, neither PlatinumGames nor Square Enix bothered to release a patch to fix the issues.
But like saying goes – better late than never! A patch to fix Nier: Automata on Steam is on its way and we have the release date, time, and the complete patch notes for this update.
- MORE: Nier Automata: 2B and A2 Shine as One in This Alluring Fan Art
Release Date And Time – Nier Automata Steam Update
The Steam patch for Nier Automata is scheduled for release on July 15, 2021, at 9 AM PDT | 6 PM CEST, implementing the below-mentioned changes.
Nier Automata Full Patch Notes – July 15
This is a Steam-specific update that includes fixes for stabilizing the frame rates in the game as well as HDR detection, Bit rate improvements, UI texture upgrade, and other minor fixes.
Here the complete details of the changes that have been made:
- Borderless Video Settings
- Borderless video settings have been implemented.
- Fidelity FX
- A Fidelity FX CAS feature has been added.
- The system will now detect whether HDR has been activated in the Windows display settings, and automatically boot the game in HDR mode if it has.
- Adjustments to the anti-aliasing functionality
- UI textures (4K)
- Approximately 270 UI textures for icons, backdrops and UI elements etc. now support 4K resolutions.
- Cut scenes
- The bit rate has been improved and all pre-rendered cut scenes adjusted, so they will now play in 60FPS and display in the correct aspect ratio without stretching the picture.
- Global illumination
- A new “Global illumination” feature has been implemented. This can be set to three different levels; High, Medium or Low.
- Ambient occlusion/ bloom
- The rendering targets for ambient occlusion and bloom effects have been changed to dynamic resolution based on the game’s resolution
- It is now possible to switch between recently selected display modes for screenshots, such as between full screen and windowed mode or between borderless and windowed mode, by pushing the Alt + Enter keys together.
- The mouse cursor is no longer displayed when using a game pad controller.
- The frame rate has been stabilized at 60FPS under default settings.
- Other stability related fixes have also been implemented.
The above-mentioned patch notes have been taken for the official Steam Community page for Nier Automata.
Have something to tell us about this article?