Overwatch has received an update today which fixes a number of bugs in the game. This comes at a time when the developers have announced that the game will be supporting crossplay on PC and consoles.
- MORE: Overwatch 2: All Confirmed Maps For The 5v5 PVP Game
The news was shared by Blizzard earlier today, and as of now, we don’t have a confirmation about when this will be available for users. Right now, players on PC and consoles are not able to play together. This means that if you are playing on Xbox, you will only be able to play with Xbox players and if you are on PC, you will only match with PC players.
This update aims to fix that and bring the game in line with other popular titles which have incorporated the crossplay quite a while ago. The cross-play feature is still a while away from being launched, as Blizzard has stated that there will be a beta phase first. Players can register for the beta by simply making a Battle.net account and linking their respective console accounts.
As far as the update today is concerned, it is already live across platforms and you can find the patch notes below.
Overwatch Update Today June 9 – Patch Notes
- Fixed a bug that awarded the wrong Player Icon to players for Season 4 of Competitive 6v6 Lockout Elimination
- Fixed a bug that caused player ranks to not appear properly on the hero select and tab screens
- Fixed a bug that caused Sombra’s neck to be outstretched during her “Pumpkinette” victory pose
- Fixed a bug that caused Torbjörn’s fingers to clip through his mallet during his “Taking a Break” victory pose
Have something to tell us about this article?