Along with Tekken 7 and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Street Fighter V is in the upper echelons of the fighting game scene.
Classic gameplay and beloved characters are at the heart of what SFV does so well. Coupled with regular updates, balance changes and the occasional new fighter, Capcom is on to a winner.
The game recently received its latest update and with it, a bunch of additions and changes.
Here is everything you need to know about the SFV Update for April 19.
MUST SEE – Street Fighter Cosplay Showcases the Fantastic Sumo Wrestler, E. Honda
What’s changing in the latest Street Fighter update?
Today’s SFV Update (April 19) includes a bunch of balance changes for some of the most popular characters, including Chun-Li, Zangief and Dhalsim.
Most importantly, however, it paves the way for the latest character to join the roster – Rose. Along with her comes a range of new costumes and a brand new stage, Marina of Fortune.
SFV Update Full Patch Notes (April 19)
Here are the full patch notes for the update:
– Playable Character
Marina of Fortune
Additional costume “Story”: Rose
Additional Costume “Battle Outfit 1”: Rose
Additional Costume “Nostalgia”: Rose
Additional Costume “Swimsuit”: Rose
Additional Costume “Ad Style”: Rose (free)
Additional Costume “Track Suit”: Rose (free)
Additional Costume (“Professional”): Juri
Additional Costume (“Professional 2”): Vega
Additional Costume (“Professional”): Seth
Rose: Default Colors 3-10
Rose: Story Colors 3-10
■ Bug Fixes
– Fixed an issue in which using Akuma’s Sekia Kuretsuha on the
Ring of Galaxy stage would cause effects to not display correctly.
■ Battle Adjustments
– Fixed an issue in which a crouching medium punch, crouching medium kick, or crouching heavy kick could connect with certain high/mid-hitting attacks while Renkiko (V-Trigger I) is active.
– The adjustments made in version 06.001 caused the special version of M. Hanging Chain, which has slower start-up than the normal version, to be performed instead when canceling into the move from a standing medium punch.
This was not intended, so we’ve sped up the start-up of the special version of M. Hanging Chain when canceling into it from a standing medium punch.
Additionally, when cancelling into an M. Hanging Chain from a crouching medium punch, the special version will be performed which will hit multiple times.
– Fixed an issue in which Rainbow Typhoon and Brimstone could be used in combos from any throw attack under certain conditions, even if the effects of Heated Mic Performance (V-Skill I)
or Pumped Up (V-Skill II) had expired.
– Fixed an issue in which a standing heavy punch could not be canceled with any V-Trigger immediately after the opponent blocked the first active frame of the attack.
– Fixed an issue in which Zangief would become temporarily invincible if the player canceled into Cossack Muscle (V-Trigger II) from certain attacks.
– Fixed an issue in which Laura would become temporarily invincible when canceling Spark Show (V-Trigger I).
– Fixed an issue in which Laura would exhibit strange behavior during the screen slow-down effect of a successful V-Shift performed at specific timing while performing the two follow-up attacks to Volty Sprink (V-Skill II).
– Fixed an issue in which Dhalsim would become temporarily invincible while staggering immediately after Alex’s Sledgehammer hits him.
– Fixed an issue in which F.A.N.G would become temporarily invincible when canceling Koryo Dokuda (V-Trigger II).
– Fixed an issue in which Balrog would become temporarily invincible if the player canceled into Crazy Rush (V-Trigger I) or No Mercy (V-Trigger II) from certain attacks.
– Fixed an issue in which Blanka would move in a strange way with certain inputs when performing Rock Crusher.
– Fixed an issue in which G would become temporarily invincible when canceling Maximum President (V-Trigger I) or Dangerous President (V-Trigger II).
– Fixed an issue in which getting knocked down once would cause G to drop two levels under certain conditions.
– Extended the hitbox of Gill’s jumping heavy punch inwards to prevent the attack from missing certain characters.
– Fixed an issue in which the entirety of Cryokinesis would behave differently if canceled into from crouching heavy punch or Cryo Rise Kick while Ice of Doom (V-Trigger II) is active.
– Fixed an issue in which certain inputs would cause Dan to become temporarily invincible when activating Haoh Gadoken (V-Trigger I).
We have also made other minor fixes and improvements.
Have something to tell us about this article?