There’s a brand new Field Upgrade available in Cold War Zombies, the new Toxic Growth upgrade was introduced with Season 3 and is available right now.
We’ve put together everything you need to know about the new Toxic Growth Field Upgrade for Cold War Zombies, including how to upgrade it and what it does.
- MORE: Rebirth Island Easter Egg Solved
How To Unlock Toxic Growth Field Upgrade
Luckily, you don’t need to do anything to unlock the new Toxic Growth Field Upgrade. Simply head into the Zombies mode on Black Ops Cold War and you’ll find it readily available with the other Field Upgrades.
What Does Toxic Growth Do In Cold War Zombies?
According to the official description in Cold War Zombies, the new Toxic Growth Field Upgrade can “summon a deadly growth of thorns in front of you. Enemies moving through it are slowed down by 50% and take toxic damage”.
When you decide to use your new Field Upgrade in game, a large bush-like barricade will appear in front of you. When Zombies walk through the barricade they well be slowed down and will actually take enough damage to kill them.
You’ll want to use this new Field Upgrade when things get bad and you’ve got hordes of Zombies right on top of you.
How To Upgrade Toxic Growth
If you want to upgrade the new Toxic Field Upgrade to make it even more powerful, you’ll need to collect Raw Aetherium Crystals. Once you’ve collected enough, you’ll be able to apply the following upgrades in your loadout menu.
- Double the health of the growth. (Costs 1 Raw Aetherium Crystal)
- Increase maximum charge to 2. (Costs 2 Raw Aetherium Crystals)
- Double the damage enemies take while moving through the growth (Costs 3 Raw Aetherium Crystals)
- Increase maximum charges to 3 (Costs 4 Raw Aetherium Crystals)
- Enemies killed by the growth explode dealing toxic damage to nearby enemies and slow them by 50% for 3 seconds. (Costs 5 Raw Aetherium Crystal)
Cold War & Warzone Season 3
On April 22, Activision launched Season 3 in both Warzone & Cold War.
There’s a whole plethora of content for players to jump in to. Not only is there new Cold War Multiplayer Maps, but there’s also New Weapons and even a brand new Warzone Map.
Make sure you keep up to date with all of the latest Season 3 news and leaks, right here at DualShockers.
Have something to tell us about this article?